Hans Eckman provides leadership and coaching on team optimization solutions for rapidly changing companies.
Contact Hans Eckman if your company wants to:
Use innovation to drive cultural changes and empower teams
- Facilitated the delivery of Innovation Program contest winning projects, which resulted in a projected $5 million cost savings and $60 million net new revenue over 5 years.
- Helped grow EIS Internship program from 22 to 37 positions (2016), 50% conversion (2015), and hosted intern group projects under Innovation Programs
“Hans is a special kind of person who constantly keeps the needs of others at the forefront of his plans and efforts. In some ways, he is the ideal left tackle, constantly on the lookout for danger and protecting both his quarterback and running back – making space for them to be successful. In other ways, he is great defensive coach – thinking about all the pieces in motion and preparing the team to deal with all the potential situations that might come at them. Some days he’s the quarterback, some days he’s the equipment manager. But really, this is to say that, Hans always finds ways to make a team stronger, both by actively finding gaps and filling them and also constantly making the people around him better. I have seen him confidently and intelligently take on challenges from tiny to gigantic. If there is a zombie apocalypse, there is no one on earth I would look to sooner for guidance and leadership than Hans Eckman.”
— David Lee, Director of Innovation Programs at SunTrust Bank
Simplify and automate operational processes
- Designed new product platform for Market Velocity which decreased new client development time by 80% and client cost by 40%, while increasing profit by 135%.
- Defined and managed development of a safety reporting and compliance system that replaced 80% of paperwork for The Home Depot’s 2,000+ US and Canada stores.
“Hans is a rare star… one of those exceptionally gifted people who can perceive and interpret business requirements, articulate them into well crafted and easily understood business plan, and effectively oversee the implementation of business systems. Hans is team player and demonstrates strong leadership skills. As MVI’s product manager, he played a key role in defining, designing and overseeing the implementation of a new application service provider platform. I would most certainly enjoy working with him again!”
— Don Otto, CTO, VP of Technology, Market Velocity
Build tools and operational support for new initiatives
- Developed a B2B ordering and warehouse management system for Spiderwear which resulted in an 800% increase in productivity.
- Built operational support model for a new Voicecom strategic partner/private label channel and reduced partner launch time from 3 weeks to 3 days.
“The system that S&K built for us has paid for itself within the first year of operation. Our company will continue to reap the benefits as we scale our services to meet increased demand.”
— David Solomon, COO, Spiderwear
Develop high performing teams and future leaders
- Grew a new SunTrust Security Services Workstream from 8 teammates and $9 million in delivery to ~45 teammates and $16 million in project delivery in 3 years.
- Personally coached 10 SunTrust teammates on a recurring basis (10+ ad-hoc), Insights leadership development program participants, and EIS Interns.
“I worked with Hans for several years at SunTrust and watched him build a team of specialized technologists and project managers from the ground up. He has very strong team building skills and a passion for organizing people into effective work teams. Hans focuses on how people work together, identifying their strengths and opportunities and then looks for ways to leverage that into work teams and project structures. The result is a loyal, engaged team aligned toward the organizational goals.”
— Jenifer Bowen, Group Vice President, IT Delivery Manager, Application Shared Services, SunTrust Bank
Create Centers of Excellence to leverage thought leaders
- Co-founded the SunTrust Business Analyst Center of Excellence which improved delivery capabilities through methodology changes and best practice mentoring.
- Built the SunTrust Archer practice which included Shared Services development, governance, Center of Excellence (Leads), and Community of Practice (Practitioners).
“Of all the stellar resources I have met through the many years within Technology, Hans Eckman is by far the most intelligent and innovative of anyone whom I have encountered. Hans can be counted on as a trusted advisor to technology delivery but specifically for Business / Requirements Analysis as well as the role of Enterprise Business Architect. I look forward to collaborating more with Hans in the coming months on the incorporation of a Business Architecture discipline at SunTrust.”
— Russ Peña, CBAP, Design Execution Center of Excellence Director at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®)