In this episode, Hans Eckman helps us to understand how to set up a Community of Practice or Center of Excellence, even in an organization that may be resistant to the idea. Starting a Business Analysis Community of Practice or Center of Excellence is a great was to develop the skills of all BAs in an organization as well as share good practices and tools for a consistent experience. However, some organizations can be resistant to the idea. How do you start a community in an unfriendly environment?
After listening to this episode, you’ll understand:
- How a CoP or CoE can benefit Business Analysts and the organization
- Why some organizations may be resistant to the idea of starting a community
- How to start a community of practice or center of excellence
- How to use a story telling approach to convince people of the value of the community
- Read show notes and listen to interview on Mastering Business Analysis: http://masteringbusinessanalysis.com/mba066-starting-ba-community-practice/
- Interview on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mba066-starting-ba-community/id961865564?i=366229547&mt=2
- Interview on Stitcher Radio: http://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=43569906
Mastering Business Analysis Podcast
The Mastering Business Analysis podcast is a program with the goal of elevating the role of the Business Analyst and enhancing the skills of Business Analysts everywhere. Episodes include interviews with leaders in the business analysis community, helpful techniques, and effective practices. Together we will explore the Business Analyst role and we’ll share information you need to achieve mastery in your role and advance in your career as a Business Analyst and beyond.
Find out more about the podcast by listening to the 7 minute introduction and begin your journey toward mastering business analysis.